- CO2 reduction: 1.520.000 Kg/anno
- Energy recovery: 3.760 MWh/anno
- Production increase: +12% (Kg)
- Ventilation bubble area: Extrusion output +2%
- Plant water cooling circuit: Production output +10%
With the aim of continuously improving the energy performance, in the 2016 Selene has decided to invest in a trigeneration plant for the simultaneous production of electric energy, thermal energy and cooling energy for the industrial production process.
The project called SEPTRI, financed under Toscany POR FESR 2014-2020, implies the installation of:
- one outdoor cogenerator working with methane gas;
- one absorber matched with a dry-cooler series for the production of refrigerated water;
- one catalyst for the CO2 emission limitation.
Thank to this project Selene will save electric energy and reduce the CO2 emission in the atmosphere.